Thursday, September 09, 2004

Weird weather

It can't make up its mind outside today. It's sunny, dark, windy and rainy and has been this changeable all morning. I know I won't be doing anything outside anyway-I am finished weeding this year. Did I forget to say how humid it is? Ugh. I can't stand humidity and thank goodness we had central AC. We haven't had it the entire time we lived here, only in the last 6 or so years and we have lived here 18 yrs now. We put up with a lot of sleepless nights in the past. We had one big air conditioner, but it was in the dining room area which is on the other side of the house from the bedrooms. After we turned the garage in the family room, it sure didn't help in here. It was a lot of dead air space. We are a bit spoiled by the AC now. I think it messes up my sinuses though by actually drying them out a bit like the heat does in the winter.
I did sleep well last night for a change. I was laying there a while this morning and dozed off and started dreaming of snow. Now that was strange. We were at my mom's house and a big truck had come to dig her out while we sat in the car. Brian called and woke me up.
I had a call from someone asking for money. I won't say who, as not to offend anyone, but the guy said he was 'recording the conversation' and started out asking for $50 and up. When I complained, he lowered it to half and then when I said I had to give my son money for his senior trip (they want a deposit already) he lowered it to $15. I never actually said I'd send the money and the next thing out of his mouth was to confirm the above and I said 'good-bye' and hung up. I usually don't answer the phone if the caller ID says unknown and it says that when Brian calls sometimes.
Oh well...back to this mess...and maybe more painting.

1comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Glad you got some sleep last night. I've been having a lot of bad nights myself but am tired tonight and should be able to sleep, I hope.

    I know what you mean about the weather. It was raining pretty good for a while at work (Bala Cynwyd) then later it was sunny, then raining, then when I left it was windy and sunny, then raining again an hour later. Strange stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS