Thursday, December 07, 2006

Snowbabyland

I crept down the dark and dusty caverns of our basement with dust mask in place and started to pull away at the tremendous pile of decorations. I spent a few hours doing this:

My mom had seen 'buffalo snow' in a catalog with the lights attached. I decided to do it myself. Buffalo snow doesn't melt unless the temp gets to 450 degrees. I was careful not to put too much weight on the lights, I worked around them. Also, I left a glass platter in the middle, (under the snow) where the big glass mushroom is to alleviate some of the weight on the lights too. I plan to turn them off every few hours-they get warm, not hot.

I think the little snowscape with my collection looks cute!

I have some of those 'bases' that change color

I like this photo! This is my newest Snowbaby-the little ice skater with the penguins. I added some snowball and little tree candles and iridescent grass.

2comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    That looks great!

    I was wondering what you were going to put in your new window.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Oh Dianne, your Snowbabies display is just gorgeous!! I've seen those in the store but have never bought any...that's all I need, another collection!! lol They really are beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS