Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Elfie me & other happenings




Christmas Elf Name

My Christmas Elf Name is

Get your Christmas Elf Name at JokesUnlimited.com


Did you feel the earth move a few hours ago? Brian and I ordered an awesome new and expensive Canon camera with two lens as a gift for ourselves for Christmas. So I hoping to be taking even clearer and closer up photos to share with you all! Can't wait to get it and try it out.

I did go to BJ's Wholesale Club with my mom on Tuesday. I think we are both fighting colds. We even bought some Zicam and split the package. My tummy is a bit wonky, so I'm hoping that calms down. It's my overdoing it time of the year. I need to do so much in the next few weeks. In a few hours I hope to be mailing some packages. Anyway, I got some neat stocking stuffers and gift stuff for the guys at BJs. I just need to get my mom a few more things. We stopped at Pier One and I found some nice things in there for our hostess for Christmas eve. I hope she likes them.

Can't wait to get the tree up over the weekend. : )

And Works for Me for Wednesday (I'm updating this early Thurs morn).

I buy split chicken breasts (like 2-they usually come packaged that way) and boil them in a pot filled with water. I add celery, carrots, onions and seasoning like S&P and thyme. When the chicken is cooked through, I remove it to cool and then strain the broth. I use the broth for soup and the chicken for one of my fave dishes-chicken salad. Save some meat for the soup! You can use it for a zillion dishes though. So you are really getting more bang for your buck.

3comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Blinky Twinkle Toes huh? LOL I've been having such a great time seeing what everyones' elf name is! hehe You will so love your new camera, can't wait to see the first pictures you take:-)

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Our Max is wild for homemade chicken soup, so I often buy the thighs/legs, which are really cheap, but no one likes the dark meat, and boil those more or less as you mentioned. The meat can be used in chicken salads, the soup itself, or "hidden" in some sort of creamy chicken dinner.

     
  • At 5:00 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Two lenses? Wow, that camera sounds like a great gift. It is one you will surely get a lot of use out of. Looking forward to seeing your enhanced photo skills.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS