Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The postman always rings...

...more than once for me! I'm still celebrating my birthday 10 days later thanks to AnneMarie from the Netherlands and my friend Angela from N.Y.
Here are the surprises from AnneMarie. What a wonderful stitcher and a perfect finisher she is!

The Prairie Schooler is my favorite cross stitch designer, so AM did a black bird autumnal design for me. The book is a pretty DMC one featuring fruits. The two kinds of fabric will be well utilized. Thanks so much AM! I'll send you off one of my special collage cards soon.

Today a package came from Angela. She had designed 3 gorgeous scrapbook pages for me! One for my birthday, one for Cosmo the cat and one with a Victorian flair. I'll add some photos and share with you.

I am making some goodies in the form of gifts. The glue isn't cooperating, but I plan to make 6 on these 'items' to start off with. I don't want to say what they are, but I'll show you in a couple of weeks. I put on James Taylor's Cmas cd and went to town. That's the best medicine. : )



I ran across this at Rocks in my Dryer. Shannon wanted to know some cool Christmas ideas. I would say the Christmas Memory Book I did about 11-12 years ago was pretty neat. I went through my mom's photos and added many of my own to the collection. I made nice scrapbook like pages on 8.5" x 11" paper. I went from when my siblings and I were little to when our kids were little. I asked each family member what their best memory of Christmas was. I got some interesting answers! Everyone had their own page which I typed up and used different fonts for everyone. I got enough copied for all my brothers and our mom and put them in red plastic report folders that I decorated with sparkly snowflake stickers. I still look at mine!

4comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe I'm not the only one prolonging your Bday! It's good to see all your new Bday surprises. Love the Prairie Schooler, as YOU KNOW ;-).
    If I can get busy and get yours finished, you will have a Bday/Christmas package. I've spent so MANY hours trying to beat Beta Blogger in a battle of the wills, I can anything else done! If it lets me publish this on your blog, I've won yet another battle, and I just may win the war!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Don't you just love it when you can celebrate your birthday over and over again??? hehe Lovely gifts you received:-) I love the sound of those memory books you made...what wonderful keepsakes!!

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I love your memory book idea, Dianne. How clever!!

    And I fear I've forgotten to thank you for the beautiful collage card you sent me - it's proudly displayed for all to see and enjoy! :)

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Clever tip. I had to visit and see who else spelled their name like me (phonetically correct!) And I live in PA too - imagine that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS