Monday, December 25, 2006

A nice Christmas eve

Kenny, Tori and Sean on Christmas eve
Part of my brother Ken's finished kitchen/family room. He put the stone work around the gas fireplace himself. That's a flat screen tv over the fireplace. They had two trees, the other real one is in the next photo.
Tori and me wearing our paper crowns from our Christmas crackers-an English tradition. I happen to find some in a dollar store.
Tori and a Belle doll I gave her.
Brian's aunt has left us a message on the answering machine and she sounded a little disoriented. She told us that Brian's other aunt, Berenice passed away on Saturday. She had dementia and had gone down to 50 some pounds. She died at home with everyone around her. She was a dear woman who smiled with her eyes and always made you feel at home in her beautiful Victorian home. Her son and husband were Brian's teachers where he went to high school. Aunt Sue said she looked at peace at the end. Her funeral is Thursday and Brian and Sean will be pallbearers.
We went to a lovely (but warm) midnight mass service in Delaware last night. The music was wonderful and I couldn't keep my eyes off an urn on the altar with white, olive green and deep pink colors. Branches that stuck out of the top were white.
We got to sleep about 2 am and I slept better! : )

5comments:

  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Glad to hear you had a Merry Christmas! Tori looks like she loves her doll.

    I see you made a whole lot of cookies. They look good.

    Sorry to hear about Brian's aunt.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I'm sorry to hear about Brian's aunt, but it sounds like a peaceful passing with loved ones around her.

    Your holiday photos are great. It really looks like everyone had a great time!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Kerri said…

    I hope you sleep better now that the Christmas rush is over. Your cookies look delicious. I baked several kinds too.
    Your pictures with Tori are sweet. Glad you had a happy day.
    Now you can relax and play with your new camera.
    I'm looking forward to a quiet week after a lovely time with the family.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry about Brian's Aunt. It's always hard to lose someone this time of the year.

    Looks like you had a lovely Christmas, and the cookies look delicious!!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Dearest Diane...wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!! A couple of days late but I'm just now having time to catch up with everybody!! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve and I can tell by the pictures how close you are to Tori:-) She's a beautiful little girl!! I'm so sorry to hear about Brian's aunt...having to go to a funeral is such a sad way to end a year. Much love xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS