Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wrapping marathon

That's all I've been doing. I wrap for all one person, and move on to the next. I want my niece and nephew to have their own special paper too. I'm almost finished-I have a few of my nephew's gifts to wrap and my father-in-law's. Brian and Sean only have to wrap gifts for me (and Sean for his dad and grandparents). Then I stick bows on the packages or use pretty ribbons to finish them up. I don't do bows until the last minute as they like to pop off, so I have to use tape to hold them on. Plus who likes a squooshed up bow?
Here are a few things I thought you'd like to see:

I've been trying to finish this little bear ornament since high school! It only needed a few stitches and assembly, which I did yesterday. I redid the mouth and metallic stripes on the drum. And I added the fringe to the scarf. Those are my initials from 1976! I did learn how to make cording too. : )

This is a gift for my mom. My brother Dave had uploaded a bunch of slides from the 1950s he found, and this was one of them. That's Ruth and Alan-Christmas 1954 (we think). So besides Christmas, why the photo in a frame? I took a few of their good china (what was left of it is just little chipped cake plates) and smashed them up to make mosaic pieces. So although the dishes are pretty much gone, here is a sample of the grape pattern with even the maker in a chard of the china-one the bottom there. Let me tell you, it was hard to break up! The grout should dry a bit lighter. This is a my favorite photo of them. My 'pop pop' died when I was 6 weeks old-a long time ago!

1comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Dianne,
    What a wonderful idea for that picture frame! I think it's just about genius to use their old dishes to frame the picture.

    How wonderful that you finished a UFO from 1976. You must feel so good to have it done. No wonder you are so good at stitching--you've been doing it a very long time. Did your Mom teach you?

    I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and the best in 2007.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS