Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

Care for some wine? I didn't have any, but Sean and I designed a concoction of Sprite and cranberry juice-yummy! I had gold charger plates with my good china. I added a tea candle (gift from my sister-in-law along with an apple for a decoration.
The table again with a surprise 'guest'-that's Cosmo the kitty!
Hit dessert! Pumpkin gingerbread trifle-Paula Deen's recipe (I also made her cranberry and cream cheese slices).
I also had mincemeat pie for Bri's dad.
Mom and I relaxing after cleaning up the kitchen
A roaring fire courtesy of Brian.
I realized I didn't post dinner food photos-I was just too busy in the kitchen. The food turned out great! I have to applaud my oven for helping out. I used a Reynold's cooking bag and placed the turkey without stuffing in it (along with carrots, onions and celery). I seasoned the turkey with salt, pepper and sage and used a little butter on top. Along with the cooking bag, I cooked it 'breast side down' for the first 2 hours and then flipped it over in the last hour or so. It really makes all the difference!
I had Yukon gold mashed potatoes, green beans and bacon, brussel sprouts with garlic and bacon, yams, cole slaw and cornbread stuffing.

8comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Happy Thanksgiving Dianne!!! Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day with lots of yummy food....sure wish I could have been there:-) Your table setting looked fabulous!

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Everything looks wonderful!

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    It looks like you had a wonderful time, Dianne. Your home looks fabulous!

     
  • At 3:39 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Dianne, your table looked great and I go hungry just reading your menu. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Your table looked wonderful, Dianne and I especially loved your dessert. I made two Paula Deen recipes for dessert yesterday. One was a chocolate pound cake that she made for her restaurant all the time and the other was a white chocolate cranberry cheesecake. YUM!!!

    In looking at your other post, I noticed the name DiDomenico. We have a DiDomenico family in our parish. I wonder if it is the same family as the person you mentioned?

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I thought of you and your double ovens yesterday. I thought it would be perfect to cook a Thanksgiving meal.
    Was the Paula Deen dessert as good as it looks?

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said…

    What a lovely table and your dinner sounds delicious! YUM.
    Great picture of the fire!

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Sounds absolutely mouthwatering, Dianne!! Love the picture of you and your Mom. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS