Monday, September 04, 2006

The sad passing of the Crocodile Hunter

My mom just told me this morning about the death of Steve Irwin. He was filming a special in the Great Barrier Reef and a stingray stung him right under the rib-directly into his heart. Brian heard that only 17 people (or so) in the last 100 yrs have died this way. Freaky thing. Can't help but think-yeah, he handled crocs and snakes and has gotten injured and bit. He just had some much energy. I can't believe he is gone at age 44. His little daughter Bindi seems to like the same these dangerous beasts-but she was taught to like them.

5comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    I'm finally catching up with everyone's blogs. As always, it was a pleasure to read your recent updates. Isn't it amazing that someone like Steve Irwin should die in such a freaky accident? I'm so sorry for his wife and kids.
    Congrats on your 20th anniversary in your house!

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said…

    Definitely a very sad dad for his wife and children :(

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I was shocked yesterday afternoon when Corey asked me if I'd heard about Steve Irwin...I said no, why? When he told me he had died I didn't want to believe him! I used to watch Crocodile Hunter all the time and like you say, he was so full of energy and was always in so much danger but yet survived it all...to die because of a stingray is just unbelievable!! Congrats on being in your house for 20 years...been in ours for a little over 28 years now and it's amazing when you think of all the changes that have gone on during all those years!! Love your Autumn collage!! Hugs!

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Very sad indeed. I feel bad for his young children. I think it was a very nice gesture that the Australian goverment has offered a state funeral.

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I used to live for his show several years ago when I was in a rough situation. He and his wife were always so upbeat and positive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS