Sunday, September 03, 2006

Happy 20th anniversary

My foggy brain just realized we've lived in our house 20 yrs today! Unbelieveable indeed. I was almost 8 months pregnant and my family was helping us move in, clean and paint. We had a cozy little place by the time we laid our heads down that first night. I remember it being so quiet and dark out here! At our apartment we had a lamp post in the courtyard where we lived that illuminated our bedroom. I did actually paint in my condition-I helped out in the master bedroom. I also made curtains for Sean's room. I was looking at his rug tonight-also 20 yrs old (like Sean will be next month), and it doesn't look too bad for it's age. He still likes it too.
We've done a lot to this house-two major renovations-the attached garage became our much lived in family room. And then this year, the kitchen got a complete overhaul. I can't forget the yard and all the different flowerbeds we added, my favorite the little 50 gallon pond and waterfall area.
We're not sure if we can handle the big yard in the coming years. The chestnut trees are terrible-burrs and leaves that are so messy. And the grass cutting, it's ok if Brian gets help.
I'm glad we were able to do what we did to the place. I have other ideas-a craft area in the basement and an enclosed porch out back would be nice for exercise equipment. We can hope, can't we?

1comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Happy 20th Home Anniversary!! It's amazing how quickly the years pass. We've been in our home 19 years and our kids hate it when we talk about selling it someday. Who knows, maybe we'll just stay. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS