Monday, August 28, 2006

The Semi-homemade™ Enterprise

Pretty Sandra Lee over at the Semi-homemade™ (yes it's trademarked) show on Food Network is right up there with Rachael Ray in marketing herself. I feel like I have cooked like this most of my life anyway- I took shortcuts to get a homemade looking dish to serve in the end. I'm thinking mostly things like biscuits and spaghetti sauce. Sandra does take things a step further with unique ingredients from a variety of cultures.
Anyway, she has a very nice website with even a crafty page(click on her name above). I just bought this cookbook through Amazon (I am a seller there now too).
Here's the link to a good article about Sandra. She's been crafty for years!


I don't know why I didn't buy book one first. I think I happen to see this one in Wally World and liked it, so looked to purchase it. I made the Italian pork chops from the book tonight. My pork was a bit on the thin side (I think it was for a stir fry), but it came out really tasty.
Sandra has some great ideas and I do like the way they coordinate her kitchen to match her outfit or theme. At least it's not the same boring thing every week. Guess I'm on the Sandra bandwagon now. And she looks darn good for 39!

2comments:

  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Just popping by to say hi, Dianne! :)

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I have a gazillion cookbooks but none by her! lol I'm afraid I don't watch any of those cooking shows although I do love to cook and bake:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS