Saturday, August 26, 2006

A 'what to do' kinda day

I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to spend this overcast day. No gardening-not into 'pick axe' weeding or transplanting as the ground is so hard. The ground is cracking open-will it swallow us up? About 30 minutes or so away from here, they got rain galore last night. Tomorrow looks more promising for some much needed precipitation. Thank goodness.
I've been after Brian to bring up the Bissell deep cleaning rug cleaner for months. Late this morning I was getting into a new cross stitch project and I heard him say 'where do you want this?' Yep, today was the day that a majority of my rugs got a going over. I tried just Oxiclean and water and it worked great-the dirty water was the color of dark chocolate! I did it in my bare feet and they were sparkling clean too! Wow!! I still want to do a few more areas in the family room that I missed (under furniture) and the bedrooms.
I did tidy up my cross stitching basket and ran across a few pieces that are more than half way completed (UFOs). I get tired of them and tuck them away. Now I am tired of 'Cape May' and the other two I've been working on for a month. I may try and finish up the older ones because I haven't had a finish since the round robin project. The little project I started today may take a few days-I will show you-I promise-in a few days. It's in honor of 'March of the Penguins'. I just got a new cross stitch book called 'Traveling around the World in Cross Stitch'. My mom had purchased the same book last week. It sounded so good, I bought it on Amazon (my word cloud over on the side says I use Amazon a lot). I saved about $5 buying it there.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I hope to do some walking at a nearby park with Brian. : )

2comments:

  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    We don't have any carpets (due to all the allergies we have) but my floors do need a serious mopping. Maybe your story will be the incentive I need to get it done! :)

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Bet you're glad to have your carpets done!! I would like all my carpets removed and get wood floors put in...one of these days:-) I have so many little projects started that I haven't touched all summer but will be resuming them when the weather turns cold! Take care:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS