Thursday, August 24, 2006

Invincible

There's a new Disney flick coming out tomorrow called 'Invincible' about Vince Papale who played for the Philadelphia Eagles for a few years back in the late 1970s. What's interesting is that he was 30 years old when he got chosen to play for the team- he was the oldest rookie in NFL history. He's from Glenolden, PA-a suburb of Philly near where I grew up (and where Brian worked for 13 yrs). Mark Wahlberg plays Vince. At 60, he's a robust man who is a colorectal cancer survivor.

Personal update-I called my younger brother who lives near mom and he is fed up with the way she is acting too. I got him to open up and he said things that made me feel so bad for him. He got a car for mom a few years back, fixed it up for her -put a ton of his own money in it, etc. She called the next day to say it was 'making noises'. See, nothing we do for her is good enough. He thinks she should work out her own problems for once in her life. Also, he gets grumpy after she calls him in the evening and ruins his time with his kids. Sound familiar? I don't know what will come of this silent treatment, but I sure hope she finally learns that we have feelings and concerns too.

1comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    That should certainly be a good movie to watch! I had just recently read a review about it!! Glad your brother opened up to you about your mom...at least you know it's not just with you that she's acting up. I really do think she has to learn to stand on her own two feet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS