Monday, August 21, 2006

Redo

I've had this wicker chair for a while (early 90s). It was dark green and needed sprucing up. Kryon has all colors of spray paint, so I found this pretty color. I bought a yard of the paisley fabric along with the spray paint last night. I think it's a nice fix up for $8.50-thanks Wally World! I was glad to find a fabric with a little gold in it to tie in to the family room, right next door. I noticed in this photo that it looks like I missed some spots. In person it looks fine.
Before we went away I had Brian hang up the curtain rod in the front window so we would have privacy. The window's wood still isn't stained. I plan to do that within the next month; better when I can open the windows because of the smell. I also have to touch up the paint along the top of the window. I found paint that matched pretty well, but I will probably end of painting both these walls as they are dirty from the heating vents. The curtains are eggshell and the valance is attached with little beads hanging down. My question-should I spray paint the rod white or leave it the bronze color? I was thinking about painting the leaves at the end-maybe a color similar to the chair above-to look like aged copper. What do you think?

4comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I love your little wicker chair, Dianne!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    You really did a very good job on the wicker chair...love the colour and cushion matches it perfectly!! As for the curain rod, I would leave it bronze...if you paint it white it will blend in too much with your walls and curtains...just my opinion:-) And, oh Diane, thank you so much for the collage you made for my mom's birthdate year...I love it and I know she will too. I will print it out and frame it for her:-) Thank you again soooo much, you are a sweetheart! xoxo

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Pamela said…

    Diane, I too, would lean toward just matching the ends of the rods with the color of the cute wicker chair, it is a lovely room. Your a very creative and talented lady with those amazing collages you make. :)

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Naturegirl said…

    I would leave as is.The tie backs and the end finials match nicely.Your chair an update look very nice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS