Sunday, August 20, 2006

Passed us by

The anticipated rain skirted right past us here in se PA during the night. Not fair! I peeked out the window this morning hoping that I would see a damp patio-dry as a bone. A few months ago I was bellyaching over all the rain. I had a right to, it ruined most of my container plants and our pepper plants. Funny how you figure things out when you get older-the more sheltered the container was, the better it did! I'm thinking of the pots slightly under the overhang or front bushes. I had a lovely fuchsia and pink petunia planted that looked good all year.

I just came in from watering-actually most of them got a sprinkle from the hose. I did lug 3-4 full watering cans to my zinnia and cosmos batch. They haven't let me down this year so I gave them a little drink. I hope my new iris rhizomes will make it without a good drink. I've been watering them, but it's not the same thing as a nice rain from above.

2comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    There's plenty of rain here! There's even been local flooding. We enjoyed a full month of sunny days in Maine, so hopefully my solar batteries are stocked up for awhile. ;>

    Love your recent gardening photos - those butterfly bushes are amazing! And your vacation looked great. Did you get a tan?

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    It took me a while to figure out that impatiens did a LOT better in the shade! lol You're right, it make take us a bit to figure out things but we eventually do! lol Love your flowers, they seem to be doing very well!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS