Monday, August 21, 2006

A bloomin' surprise

When I was planting some new iris rhizomes, I accidently broke this stem off of one of the year old plants. It had two blooms. It took about a week for this one (the other dried up) to open in my kitchen, but sure enough it did! It's a pretty mauve and I was pleasantly surprised to see it today. I also had a sunflower and some pinwheel zinnias sitting next to this on the countertop.

~~~~~~
I forgot to tell you my aunt fell down and broke her hip yesterday! She was operated on and it was a 4 hour long procedure. My uncle was crying to my mom on the phone. He wanted to be with his wife of almost 47 years. So sad! Aunt Mildred seems fine from the ordeal.
Mom's water heater sprang a leak and she needs a new one. That will be put in later this morning. It seems like things go from bad to worse around here.

2comments:

  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    What a beauiful bloom.
    I hope your Aunt (and your Uncle) are doing fine. Will send some healing vibes her way.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    What an unusual colour that iris is...beautiful!! Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt breaking her hip...the poor dear! And I can imagine how much your uncle wants to be with her...hard to be apart after that many years!! Bad luck for your mom too with her water heater breaking down!! I know how sometimes you feel like everything is going wrong but chin up, better things HAVE to be ahead:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS