Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good-hitting Value City's 75% off and buy one get one 50% off sales. I didn't think I'd find anything, but I did after poking around. I got the cutest plant holder/weather vane. They originally wanted $24.99 for it-I got it for $6.25. It has owls on the top for decoration that tip back and forth. I think it will be the perfect fall decoration.

I got cute shoes, a mosiac covered pot, hats and a long teal scarf (for like $2 each) and other goodies. Sean got some long sleeved shirts and American Eagle 'casual style' sneaks for $8.45! I want to go back and get a tiffany lamp for the front window and an Ott style lamp (for stitching). I bought a medium size hat box to put my mom's birthday goodies in...that is if she is talking to me by the end of September...

The ugly-a phone conversation with mom. She is getting so paranoid about things. She can't manage money for anything. She has canned goods to last several months and she still spends a lot of money at the food store. I kinda raised my voice at her this morning on the phone and she hung up on me. I called her back later and she isn't answering. She complained about my throat clearing and I told her it was from her making me freakin' nervous. Nothing positive or pleasant ever leaves mom's lips anymore. She rags on me every single day and basically ruins a large part of my day. My brothers and I have mom issues-I know they probably feel like I do, that anything I do or say that pertains to mom is never good enough for her. That's just not right and it leaves a festering wound. I do love my mom to pieces-I just get so frustrated by her behavior.
The bad-well the 25 days of no rain isn't helping. The plants look okay because they get a sprinkle of the hose each night when I feel like watering them. My head is stuffed up every morning and my eyes are so dry. Darn pollen! I should do a rain dance-it would relieve frustation!

3comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Good for you on your Value City sales, Dianne. I have a Value City minutes from me and I have never found anything. It is hard to believe but I always walk out empty handed. Maybe I have to go there again. It has been quite awhile since I have been there.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I've never heard of Value City, but congrats on the good buys.

    Sorry to hear about the problems with your Mom. Hopefully it all gets worked out soon.

    25 days with no rain? Boy, you really do need it badly. I was hoping for some myself today, but so far none. I guess I will have to go out and water...getting pretty tired of watering.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Sounds like you got some great stuff at Value City!! I love it when you can get good sales like that!! Moms...I swear they're put on this earth to drive you crazy!! lol I love my mom too but at times she gets me so stressed I'm ready to burst! I know you're trying your best with your mom...if she wants to act like a spoiled child, just let her be for a couple of days. She'll then come around soon enough:-) Hopefully you will get some rain soon!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS