Wednesday, July 12, 2006

July blooms

I caught 'Ms. Green' eyes on the cosmos. We looked it up in our Butterfly book and this is an Orange Sulphur and a female! I've never seen on before and double checked on the web.
I went to take a photo of my first gladiolus and it was loaded with Japanese beetles. They received a nice spray of Sevin.
I call this my 'Creamsicle' planter as it almost reminds me of that frozen treat. And yes, I am watching what I eat, but I just can't help thinking about sweet treats. : )

4comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Love that butterfly! One got in our house the other day and I was stumped as to how to get it out without harming it. Finally convinced the little fella to perch on my finger and carried him out that way.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Great shot of the cosmos and Mr. Green Eyes!!!!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Beautiful pictures and congrats on being able to get a picture of the butterfly...they are so hard to get good pictures of! Don't you hate the bugs that start eating up your plants...between earwigs and slugs, they keep me busy here!!

     
  • At 2:45 AM, Blogger Von said…

    You've reminded me that I should get after the insects around here. I try not to spray much, but things look like they need a shot of the stuff. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS