Monday, July 10, 2006

Triglycerides are trying

So I went ahead and called the doctor's office this morning since they never contacted me about my blood tests. My triglycerides were 299! They should be below 150. I believe they were 200 something last year. This has been a stressful year with the remodel and my mom and her brother not being well. And stress surely effects your blood's ability to clear out fat. But, so does your hormone levels (I've been reading up on this), which I think are wacky with me. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that aspect. So, when I discuss this next Monday, along with my elevated liver enyzmes (rats), I will discuss the stress factor. I'm not going to stress out about it! : ) In the meantime, I better skip the fries and doughnuts (I don't eat them everyday, but a few times a month) and start eating garlic and fish which are said to help lower your triglycerides. And I better start a better exercise routine. I do a lot of outdoor work, but I guess I better get my heart pumping more. Any suggestions are welcome.

5comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Thermalgal said…

    Good luck with getting the triglycerides down. I'm having a physical at the end of the month (I'm hoping it will be more comphresive than what I've been getting each year). Hopefully, my counts will be good. But I'm concerned since it seems everyone I know has high numbers.

    You asked for some suggestions on exercise. I've been doing the Couch to 5K plan on the CoolRunning.Com website. I think it is great. You only have to be able to walk for half an hour to start the program. And at the end of nine weeks, you are running for half an hour three days a week!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I have a rowing machine exerciser that I use almost every day...I'm not much into the other kind of exercises so the rower does the thing:-) Stress is certainly a big factor when it comes to our health so I would certainly talk to your doctor about it!!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Darn Blogger ate my last commnet, so I'll try again. I don't know much about triclycerides, but I do follow Dr. Weil and he has some great advice if you want to go take a look. http://www.drweil.com/u/Home/

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I just had a physical last week and am waiting for the results of my blood tests.

    It's actually the first physical I have ever had.

    I need to start exercising, too.
    I just can't seem to get motivated to do it.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger lena-lou said…

    I don't know much if anything about triglycerides but I know Su does!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS