Sunday, July 09, 2006

Placed a lily order...


<---over in my blog roll at 1-2-3 Go Garden! I look at Karen's lilies with big eyes! I love the picotee edges, the different colors, etc. So I did a Google search and found a daylily farm. Lucky for me, they are moving out their lilies. I am getting $100 worth for $40-that's 10 plants. They sell around here for $10-12 each. They want to move their butterfly bushes, so $1.99 each (I got a couple) was down right cheap. I did buy some lilies from eBay last year. Not all of them made it. I am hoping the short trip from southwest PA from a real daylily farm was the better choice this year. I did buy my irises from a farm and just loved them all. I only had a couple that didn't bloom, but they maybe fall bloomers?

Veychek Daylily farm (I sure hope they all turn out to look like these!)

3comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    OMG, those are ALL beautiful!
    Did you get all of them?
    It sounds like a very good price. I hope they grow well for you.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    They are suppose to send 10 of whatever is pictured. I hope they are all different. : )

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I've never ordered flowers from a farm or catalog before...hopefully you'll get exactly what you ordered and they'll all grow well for you!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS