Saturday, July 08, 2006

Flower collage


Everyone keeps saying I should do a flower collage. I got to my middle of June folder and ran out of room on my collage. My irises were definitely the stars of the garden this year. I am enjoying my new daylilies too. I'm not getting a lot of blooms, but what I have are really pretty.
Brian and I went to my mom's house to pitch her screenhouse. Thank goodness she wrote 'left top', etc on the poles! It took us about 45 minutes in very humid and mosquitoe-y weather to pitch it, but now she is a 'happy camper'. : ) I picked up old pots scattered about, planted some tomatoes (I know, it's late, but maybe she'll get an Sept/October harvest) and geraniums. I wish I had remembered my camera as she has a pink butterfly bush that is absolutely gorgeous (I planted it last year). The flower heads are at least a foot long!
We went to a pizza place around the corner and the owner is a gardener. He had an entire patch of zinnias-all colors-in full bloom! I was jealous as I don't have a single one that is opened yet. My bright yellow cosmos are blooming nicely-they reseeded themselves from last year.
I came home, jumped in the shower and was making the collage when my son called and said he had his cellphone stolen in a parking lot. He must have dropped it outside his car because he has a car alarm and it would have gone off if someone was trying to get in. He and his pals were smart enough to go right to the T-Mobile store and get the phone cancelled. He of course needs to get another one because he is a commuter student. It's always something!

3comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said…

    Hi Dianne! You found your way to my gardening blog (was it from SPH?) and asked about where to find daylilies. I find them wherever I can! If you check out all your local nurseries there's usually one or two you can rely on to have a good selection of different types.

    Other sources are online. For 'Barbara Mitchell' you could try http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/13721/
    and click on the link for places that sell it. Or just do a google search on the name of the daylily and your state, to find places in your area where you can buy it.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Susimac said…

    Wonderful Coolage Dianne, this is my fave that you have done so far, very clever

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Another beautiful collage...you are so talented at making them Dianne!! I spent yesterday weeding and moving some of my flowers...it was so hot and humid, I needed a shower desperately after I was done! lol There's nothing more exciting than when your plants start blooming...my lilies and clematis are now blooming so I was pretty thrilled about that! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS