Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bad air day

Yep. The ozone was nasty today in this area. The humidity was over 70% and the temp 90. I did walk around and water a bit this afternoon. I decided not to do too much out there. But as fate would have it, the daylilies arrived all bare rooted and I knew they had to be planted or say bye bye to $40. I asked Brian to run the rototiller in a crescent shape around the existing daylily garden. It took him a few minutes, I raked a bit (left some grass, but I wasn't being particular) and in went 13 daylilies in about 15 minutes. Believe me, I had to wipe my brow a few times. I thought I was finished outside and spotted a Walmart 50% pink Asiatic lily looking dry and in need of some freshly dug dirt. So in it went. I watered all the new babies (they were very clean with great roots) and I sure hope I get a variety of what was pictured. They either liked me or miscounted as I got 13 instead of 10! Bri and I found some rocks and added them to the edge. I thought I found a petrified turtle, but it was a little stone one! The pond use to be in this area. They look a little closer than 2 feet each, but I think they can spread.


My uncle is a bit disgusted. He's been this way for a long time. Being in pain all the time wears you down. He may have been given 10+ years because of the radiation, but many of them were not good ones.

A pretty salmon lily in the middle of a very thick ground cover (side of house).

4comments:

  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    That is a lovely lily.

    I'm sorry for your uncle. There is much to be said for quality of life.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Susimac said…

    What a beautiful lily, I love those colours. Sorry to hear about your uncle having a real bad time.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Hope your lilies grow well:-) Love the colours!! I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle...never easy to see a loved one so ill:-(

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger Von said…

    Having just lost a dear uncle, I understand your distress. I hope he experiences some improvement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS