Monday, July 10, 2006

Flowers for my uncle

My Uncle Don is in the hospital. He had gone to the doctor today because of bleeding (from his bladder) and the doctor sent him to the hospital (by ambulance) for a transfusion! He had prostate cancer and got radiation about 11 yrs ago which effected the lining of his bladder. I sure hope he doesn't have to have his bladder removed. That would be a touchy operation for an 83 yr old. He's the one whose wife just went in the nursing home in February. He's my only uncle, please keep him in your thoughts. I dedicate these photos to him:
Uncle Don would appreciate this almost albino robin. The poor thing looks like fellow birdies 'splashed' him with their droppings!

Purplish-pink astilbe-love the fuzzy flower heads!

This is the first year the Lace cap hydrangea bloomed for me. I love it!

These daisies are close to 5 feet tall. That's the corner next to the mammoth butterfly bush. It's also where the rain gutter tends to act like a waterfall during heavy rains.


4comments:

  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Dianne, I wish your uncle all the best for a full & speedy recovery.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Wishing your uncle the best.

    Your Lace cap hydrangea is beautiful as is the pink astilbe.
    You must have the astilbe near a water source (your pond?) because it's flowers are so nice and thick.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Your uncle is in my prayers...hopefully he'll pull through this! Love all your flowers, so very pretty and so many kinds that I've never grown here. I've started writing down all the flowers from the different blogs I visit so that I'll remember which ones I'd like to try! lol

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger lena-lou said…

    I hope your Uncle makes a good recovery and I love the pics you have put up for him especially the Hydrangea as I haven't seen that type before.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS