Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What I did today

I got out my sewing machine and made these curtains for the backdoor. (After the countertop guys came and screwed the dishwasher to the cabinets-that was it!) The top is made of dish towels with the perfect blue ticking and a cross-stitch pot of thyme in the middle! I didn't do the cross-stitching-gasp-it's by a machine, but when I saw these for $1.50 each, I just had to get them. I needed 3 towels. The bottoms are made from fabric and trimmed with the leftover towels. No pattern. Not really fancy, but I am happy to have something up there that coordinates better with the kitchen.
Planters for my father-in-law for his upcoming birthday-yellow daisies, lantana, zinnias, portulaca, asparagus fern, white geranium, yellow petunia, mini-apricot petunias (the real name went right out of my head).

My dish garden-aren't those Margarita portulaca sunny? Also hens and chickens and wooly thyme share this terracotta bowl.
My little collection of coleus and petunias with a peachy impatien too. Notice the teapots as planters. I am probably going to give the two green pots of coleus to my uncle.
~Update-Sean decided to take the job at Big Lots over Peebles. He can dress pretty casual (though he is always neat as a pin) and he can make his own hours. He really liked the manager there too. Plus the pay was better. He called the Peebles lady to tell her he found another 'job opportunity' and she was short with him and told him she had added him to the schedule already. She interviewed him last Monday! Well, he doesn't need her two-faced antics, so I am glad he chose Big Lots. That's across the road from Peebles-so he has about 1/2 mile to travel to work!

5comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I really like your new curtains - I just love that striped fabric, especially in blue. It's so fresh & crisp looking!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Susimac said…

    Lovely pots and I love your curtains do you fancy making me some.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Congrats to Sean on his new job at Big Lots! I'm sure he'll keep you apprised of all the best stuff that comes in, Dianne. :D
    Love your curtains and all your pots full of greenery and flowers!

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Curtains look great. How appropriate that they have some stitiching on them.

    Your planters look great.
    Don't you hate it when the name escapes you just when you need it? LOL. I think they are calibrachoa.

    Best of luck to Sean on his new job.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    You did a very good job on the curtains...my mom was a seamstress but I suck at it! lol I love the idea of using old tea pots as planters..what a nifty idea!!!! Congrats to Sean for getting that job, hope he gets settled in and enjoys it:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS