Thursday, June 08, 2006

Congrats to Sean on his first job!

My guy Sean just got a call back up from a local clothing (and a few home furnishings) store called Peebles. He starts next Wednesday night with 3 hours of training. He has to wear dress clothes which he doesn't have a lot of. Lucky for him he found a good sale at Macy's yesterday and got three shirts and a tie. He got some really nice referrals from a family friend and a high school friend who goes to Cornell. Sean could roll out of bed and be to work in about half an hour as the store is about 2 minutes and 1/2 mile from here. How lucky is he with the price of gas! He's worried about being bored as it's not a jumpin' store like say a Wally World. I told him not to worry as they'll find stuff for him to do! I worked retail as one of my first jobs and it really helped me get over some shyness. I'm sure it will help him too. : )

2comments:

  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Congrats to Sean an his job. Nice to work so close to home- I actually loved working retail- hope he has a great time while earning some bucks.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Retail is an excellent intro to the working world - if you can do retail, you can do ANYTHING!!! Congrats to Sean, and I hope he loves the job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS