Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Major flooding

These photos from NBC10 weren't labeled, but I have a feeling they are down near the Brandywine River as one looks like the picnic park next to it.
We had enough water in our basement for it to creep past the basement steps. Brian had the wet vac on at 7:30 this morning cleaning a lot of it up. I have two fans going and will probably be moving things and spraying Lysol around. I was going to go to my mom's, but I have to cross over the Brandywine River, and I am afraid of debris, etc being left on the roadside. The Schuylkill River in Philly hasn't crested this high in over 100 years.

Today is sunny and humid. I was surveying my flowers and most look so waterlogged. My lilies are droopy and I waited all winter to see the ones I purchased from Utah (eBay). The side yard where the chestnut trees are is covered with their fuzzy droppings. I have lots to clean up inside and out, that's for sure!


1comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Oh wow, that's what you call flooding! So sorry to hear you got so much of the water in your basement...hopefully you didn't have anything get damaged too badly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS