Friday, June 23, 2006

Allergies abound

I've had a hairy week with allergies. It takes me a few hours to clear my head in the morning by hacking and consuming tic-tacs that seem to shock my throat. I think the problem is the chestnut trees 'blooming' or whatever you call the fuzzy things that must be dropping pollen. The fireflies mate at this time of year and seem to like the chestnut trees and their fuzziness. I noticed how puffy my eyes look in my photo I included here with the hollyhock.

My poor mom has poison ivy (or sumac or oak) on her left hand and face! She made the mistake of going out last Friday to do hand trimming without wearing garden gloves. I guess she was perspiring and wiping off her face. She had to call the doctor and she is now taking pills. She said her cheeks were on fire last night, but she is better today. I haven't seen her for a few weeks. I like to try and get down every week, but sometimes life gets in the way (last week it was the cars and this week its the heat).
We are hopefully going to a grad party tomorrow if we don't get a monsoon! Sean said we are suppose to get 5 inches of rain this weekend. The party is about an hour from here and mom was invited too. I may stop and get the graduate a Penn State t-shirt as she got a full scholarship from the engineering dept. Sean will be seeing his cousin on campus in a few months.
Happy 83rd to Brian's dad!




Purple petunias and pink sweetpeas

2comments:

  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    that's a pretty combo.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    My son Corey has allergies to pollen and it always seems worse when he gets up in the morning...sneezes for about 2 hours before it settles down. Your poor mum...I've never had poison ivy but I've heard it's terrible, hopefully the pills she's taking will clear it all up soon!! Have fun at the graduation and hope you don't get rained out. Love your flowers too:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS