Monday, May 22, 2006

First real meal

I promised Brian a pot roast and I delivered tonight! I am really tired from a hectic week. It was an ok roast, just a bit on the strong side. The asparagus was tough and a little overcooked. I'm learning to use the stove, and it takes time. : ) But the 'smashed potatoes' were yummy, thanks to a recipe in my head from Rachael Ray. I cut up red potatoes and cooked them with the skins on. After they cooked, I 'smashed' them and added dried parsley, salt, pepper, butter and the secret ingredient light sour cream! We had cranberry sauce and a nice romaine salad with edamane (raw soy beans) and beefsteak tomato tossed with a Vidalia dressing to make up for the squooshy asparagus.
Clean up was a breeze. I had so many pots, some are soaking in the dishpan! The sink is so big and pretty. Swanstone is as smooth as glass and cleans up nicely. I got a retractable faucet which should help clean that monster sink.
The funniest thing earlier was me forgetting where everything is-like the spices and my corning oven dish. Ha-ha-what an airhead.

1comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Von said…

    Yay! So glad to hear you are back in business again in your kitchen! Hope you are able to find someone to install the tin backsplash for you. I just know it's going to look fabulous. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS