Sunday, May 21, 2006

Where I'm from...

I found this on Barbara's blog. I found it interesting and challenging...

I am from suburbia, from hula hoops and Frisbees.

I am from the rolling, green, sweet scent of honeysuckle in summer, east coast.

I am from the evergreens, dandelions and gladiolus, tall, climbing trees, Queen's Anne's lace and gravel driveway.

I am from sparklers and fireworks on the 4th of July and singing when the mood strikes, from 'Mom mom'Ruth and Mom Jeanne and the proud Strouds.

I am from the 'see you on the holidays and birthdays' and to random special phone calls.

From always saying 'thank you' and to be weary of boys because they are only after 'one thing'.

I am from a Catholic marriage but a sometimes attend church Presbyterian upbringing. From knowing a little to starting to understand-just look at the amazing world around you!

I'm from a county seat and a melting pot, from Ellio's pizza to turkey with all the trimmings.

From the first forest ranger in Oregon to the supposedly brother of John Deere to the brother who is an electronic whiz at a local tv station.

I am from the dusty, fading pages of sticky photo albums to shiny CDS, to plastic boxes with browning carnations and school memory books with silly messages.

2comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Lovely. Makes me feel all warm and nice inside, like being a kid. :-)

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Susimac said…

    I like yours too, its wonderful to know a little more about each other isn't it, thanks for sharing your 'where I'm from'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS