Monday, May 22, 2006

Let there be water!

Yahoo! The sink and dishwasher are working after a month of hauling a dishpan up and down the basement steps to use the sink there. We are running the dishwasher right now with about three things in it-just to see how it works.
I'm happy and a bit disappointed as Rob, the PM, chickened out on the tinwork. He looked at it again, but I couldn't find the directions on how to install it (I just looked at the website again and it's not that complicated). Mom suggested having my brother Ken help us with it. We could wait until he has his kitchen all finished or find someone who can install it or do it ourselves. I think if we take our time, we shouldn't have any problems as the areas aren't large where it has to go, but that could be tricky too. I see template making in our future.

Barbaro, the 'former' race horse is still nearby at the New Bolton Center. He has about 23 screws in his back leg. They emerged him in water when he was coming out of the anesthesia from his 4 hour operation in case he started to kick. They are showing people coming to the hospital leaving him carrots and apples. I recognized this one lady from a newsclip and sure enough it was a lady I worked with from Sean's school years ago! Small world. : )


Guess I will go mail some birthday gifts later on to my good friend in Illinois. I haven't mailed anything at the post office for a month and I don't really miss it. I have one bid so far on 7 eBay listings that end today. I'll get more into that now.

1comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Glad you've got a working kitchen again! Good luck with the tinwork - I'm sure you can do it if you take your time with it. Thanks for the horse update. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS