Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Violet-you're violet!

Denise Nickerson as Violet who turns into a blueberry in the WWCF (someone else my age)

When I was painting out in the kitchen today this line from 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' came to mind. I chose an interesting bluish raspberry, but it was indeed the color of Violet in the older movie Wonka movie. Another chuckle I got was when Prince's 'Raspberry Beret' came on the radio. That made me think of raspberry water ice. So if you can imagine that color in your brain, that is almost the color in the kitchen. I have the first coat on. It is very nice Benjamin Moore semi-gloss paint. It just needs a little touching up here and there. It's hard to paint around the crown moulding and the ceiling with darker paint. I should have painted before the cabinets were installed, but I'd have a lot of touch-up to do where there is wall now where there wasn't before. I can't get right above the sink area. Sean tried, but he couldn't reach and didn't tape it correctly and a lot of the edge still needs paint. I need a taller ladder. I was thinking of having my 6'8" tall nephew out here for an ulterior motive besides wishing him a happy early 21st birthday by taking him out to lunch or dinner. : )
Just heard that my niece and nephew were in the elementary school talent show last Friday. Kenny is 10 and really plays the guitar well. Tori who is 7 sung with a group of other children, but my mom said she stood out from the crowd. Mom got to see how their kitchen was coming along. She said it's an interesting sage green color (complete shock) and their appliances are black. I saw their cabinets and they are a medium cherry wood, so it all should go together well. I wanted light colors for my small space.
I called a tile place in Delaware to see if they had that silk glass tile I liked. I said if you can do better than this place on the web, you have my business. She wanted me to email her the photos I have and she wrote back and said she is trying to find some like it. The place on the web wants $27.50 a sheet-so with a discount they offer for some reason, I needed over $300 worth. Ouch. So I hope they can do better down in tax free Delaware. We can go there too as it's only about 15 miles from here.

I'm going to add some tin under this area to the right as it is my baking center.

4comments:

  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Von said…

    Very nice blue, Dianne. Such a lovely, traditional style!!

     
  • At 3:36 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    It looks so fresh and cheery! Normally I'm not a "blue" person, but I like this a lot!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Dianne, I just saw a comment you posted on my blog. I had puter problems and was away and never read my comments for awhile. Yes, I was born and raised in Philly. I now live in the suburbs not far from the Delaware border. I do plan on being in Hershey in the fall.

    To comment on your blog entry, I love your kitchen redo and love the colors you chose. I am in the midst of a redo too. DH is remodeling our family room and it is getting close to the finish line.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Dianne,
    Your kitchen is looking great. My kitchen was blue until a few years ago. Now it's blah beige and I miss the blue.

    3 weeks without countertops or sink? That does not sound like fun.

    I am waiting for you to get cooking so I can hear how you like that stove. It looks beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS