Sunday, April 09, 2006

Finally a place that sells books!

I could not believe my eyes when Bri and I went into the local Big Lots store last night and there was a huge display of discounted books-mostly hardbacks-nice books-like cross stitch books-and all for $3-5!! There was only a few of each, so I got the ones I didn't think I had. Most are Kooler Studio-fun designs for all seasons and Christmas ones. I think I found one Marie Barber book also. I have a ribbon embroidery book for mom and a thank you book for a friend who sent me some nice Easter gifts. I am excited because the only bookstore around here is almost half an hour away. We do have a resale book shop in the next town, but they moved and I would have to tackle lots of traffic and a tight parking lot to go there.
Bri just left to look at riding mowers as it's the last day for the no payment for a year promo at the Home Depot. He was not happy to find this out as he is the #1 procrastinator in the family. I am still after him to get a new digital camera with a better zoom. Look how long I had to wait for the kitchen!
Late last night I was proofreading Sean's stem cell research paper. It needed some defining and he was not happy that I was suggesting these at midnight. I told him I wanted to see my TLC shows first.
Not much else is new. We now have the microwave set up in the dining room. We'll probably take down the table (a small round one) next weekend and move the love seat in the family room.
Off to the grocery store in a few hours.

3comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Oh Oh Oh - Book stores are always a good thing. Sounds like you got some good buys. I wiish we had a book store closer than Munster. Amazon gets a lot of my business because it is just to far to drive.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Microwave in the living room...
    It sounds like some serious renovation is beginning. Soon you will be washing dishes in the bathroom sink.
    Hope it goes fast for you!

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Von said…

    Gotta love getting finding a great bargain on great books. Way to go! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS