Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Stitching Blogger Question




Q. What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to
blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them?
What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?

To tell you the truth, the only cross stitch magazine I ever really liked was Cross stitch and Country Crafts. They have just revived this magazine and it's ok, but not as good as it's predecessor.
I did like Stitcher's World too. I just clipped about 5 old Leisure Arts magazines. I did keep more than I thought, but they were from that decade of geese and hearts.
I really like UK cross stitch magazines, but they are so expensive. I have to love a design on the cover before I fork out $7-10. But there is always eBay!

As for my idea of a perfect publication-one that includes finishing ideas, new designers (and spotlights one), new materials and designs that are 'doable' and not too cliched. I forgot to mention how much I love the special JCS yearly ornament issues! They are so much fun and give me new ideas too.

1comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    The English magazines are about the only ones we can get here. I enjoy them, but not enough to buy them every month. Sometimes, the designs are just too cutesy to bear. I don't know the American mags you mentioned...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS