Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March 1st already!

I look forward to March because it's the month I start poking around outside. I start to rake up the winter debris and look for tender green sprouts. We are having a cold beginning with some snow next week, so I guess I should expect a delay in the above activity.
The Philly Flower Show is this week coming up also. Sean will be off for springbreak, so maybe he'll go with me.
I have to get myself on a better household schedule. I need to schedule cleaning time. I can see why the generation before us were into cleaning more than my technology oriented one. Now some people have it broken down and can spend time on the computer. They won't let themselves 'surf' until the house is cleaned to their liking. I decided to try the family room today. I got two tables dusted and said to myself 'Hmmm...wonder if Comcast is still acting up this morning?' So I turned on the puter and Comcast wanted to download a 'computer doctor' program. And it is running about 90% better. Blogger doesn't want to republish because of some connection error. (I added St. Patty's blinkies).
I am also much better. I was getting a sore mouth from the med (looked like sunburn on my palate), so I called the pharmacist and he said the doctor will probably tell me to stop taking the med. So I stopped it.
Sean has a trunk rash. It is like tiny chicken pox. He took some Benadryl last night and applied medicated powder. We are a bit perplexed. I did noticed he has eaten almost 1/2 of chocolates in 5 days, so maybe he is suffering from sugar or cocoa overload. He didn't say anything to me this morning, but he was worried about himself and surfed the web looking for his rash (yeah he's like his ma).
I did manage to see Sally Taylor's website last night. (Daughter of James and Carly Simon). We went to a free concert of hers about 5 yrs ago. Here she is making ponchos to sell (starting at $600-yikes). I see Carly is the model there. She's a real talented knitter. I suggested to her in her comments that she should put on up a poncho on eBay to raise money for her Tranquility Project-a landmine foundation that she started with her husband Dean a few years ago.

The above shot was taken at the Walden School which use to be called Sandy Bank Elementary School where I went to kindergarten, 2nd and 3rd grade. I guess Sally must be a pal of one of the teachers, not sure. This is about 5 yrs old.


Back to tidying up. Ugh. So boring. ; )

2comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Dianne, you and yours have really been having a time of it, health-wise. I hope that good health is just around the corner for you and Sean!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    It's about time you (and everyone really) should get outside in the sun. Everybody is feeling ill, it seems! Hope you and Sean are a bit better by now. As for cleaning house: my mother comes here every two weeks, and she's a real nerd where cleaning is concerned, so I only clean up when she threatens to come by. That's my cleaning routine. It ain't pretty, I know...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS