Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Life cut short


I heard about Dana Reeve's passing from my hairdresser. I was so sad to hear that she only lived 4 months past her diagnosis. She had lost Chris, then her mom and then had to worry about trying to get better and take care of her 13 year old son Wil. I guess it was all too much for her. Wil is lucky he has older half siblings and that he isn't a small boy. I wish him all the best. He has awesome parents.
~Update-today (Wed) I am still sick about this. People in my age group who have gone through so much cut down in the prime of their lives. I'll never get over John F. Kennedy, Jr or Princess Diana passing at such young ages either.


My mom went to the Philadelphia Flower Show with her boarder. She had to call and tell me that it was one of the best that she's been to. I'm a little envious. I am trying to talk Sean into going now. It's an expensive daytrip for us, but oh how I love to take photos of the displays. I am crossing my fingers for Thursday or Friday when the temps will be in the uppers 60s or higher.

I found this wicker clothes basket down the basement and it turned out to have 'stuff' left in it from a fleamarket sale that we had a table at-hmmm....over 10 yrs ago! I couldn't believe it. I found some of my old eyeglasses-they put Elton John's glasses to shame they were so big. Also found some macrame plant hangers and seashells. Brian had stuff in a bag from the 'junk drawer' in this particular basket-ugh-it had a corroded battery in!
My theory is that people should move every 5 yrs to get rid of this clutter! It sure would help make their lives easier. If I could put my theory in practice-if only....

1comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    I am so with you on the moving every five years to get rid of stuff. I have lived in this house for five and a half years and even though I have regular "throw it away "fests- nothing works like a move. Pack it or throw it away gives you a whole differnt way of looking at something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS