Friday, March 03, 2006

Dr. Dianne makes a diagnosis

Poor Sean thought he had flea bites. BUT, fleas don't bit you 50+ times. Before that, he thought he had a allergy to soap or something. I found the real reason for his 'spots'. He probably has pityriasis rosea. Sounds scary, but it may be from a virus, but it could take up to 4 months to go away. If he has a mild case (and I sure hope he does as some of the photos were ugly), it should go away sooner. When I was a teen I has something similar, but mine was a sensitivity to a certain elastic. But just to mention this to those of you with kids his age: mostly young adults get this in the spring or fall of the year. And it may be contagious. I'm not taking him to the doctor, because a similar thing, syphillis is something that he surely doesn't have. He's doing the right thing using hydrocortisone if it's bothersome. My poor guy. At least he is off for a week to rest.

3comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Just spent a few minutes reading some of your archives and getting to know you a little better, Dianne. We have quite a bit in common. :) Love my flowers and gardening, and I'm famous for being Dr. Mom, lol! Right now one of my twins has this red rash around his mouth that we're trying to figure out. Has to be an allergy to something and it seemed to be getting better when I gave him a toothpaste without the SLS, but it's beginning to redden again and ARGH!! Now What Can It Be. Am going to try to give him more "natural" products for washing himself and his bedding.
    Hope Sean's rash goes away soon!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    Poor Sean - I've had a few episodes of that in the past. My doctor used to get all the other doctors to come and gawk at me because I had such pretty patterns of spots. He has my sympathies because I know how itchy it is :( One thing which helped me was a product called "Pinetarsol". I don't even know if its available here but if you want any more info let me know and I'll try and hunt it down.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks for your comments gals. I am sorry you had that Jo. Sean doesn't seem too bothered my his spots right now. His appetite is good! If if looks like he is getting really itchy, I'll ask you about the medicine you suggested.
    Take good care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS