Saturday, March 04, 2006

Foodie question




Just wondering do you like asparagus or sweet potatoes or both? Not necessarily together. ; )
I will tell you why I am answering as soon as I get a few replies here.

Why did I ask?
Being the only female in a male dominated household (and having 3 brothers and no sisters) I have noticed that the boys turn their noses up to these two veggies. I will get Brian and Sean to eat asparagus occasionally, but forget about the sweet potatoes. Most time I make sweet potatoes like baked potatoes and garnish them with butter and a little cinnamon.
I believe these two veggies are enjoyed more by females. BTW, my mom and I enjoy them both.
Check out this article: Do women need to eat differently than men? It says we need folate, and that's in asparagus.

5comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    It must have been a while since I visited you, because there was so much to read! I thought I came by yesterday... Oh well, here we go: I hope you are feeling better (despite the cupboard-cleaning)? And poor Sean and his rash. I do sympathise. Nothing funny about the itchies.
    You watch Bargain Hunt too!? Surely not the British version with host Twat McDandy? I love Bargain Hunt! (including Twat)
    Oh, and I love asparagus, though sweet potato isn't something we get here in Holland. I'm curious why you wanted to know this...

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Love asparagus, Dianne. I'm not a sweet potato fan, but prepared simply - it's quite good.
    The local asparagus will be harvesting in another month - yummy!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Yes to asparagus, no to sweet potatoes here :-)

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I love them both, though like Von said, sweet potatoes are best when prepared simply.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like both, but DH hates sweet potatoes. I love them peeled and cut into wedges, smushed in olive oil and sprinkled with seasoned salt, baked until they're soft inside. In fact there's one waiting on the counter for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS