Friday, March 03, 2006

Slowly but surely

I am getting so sick of the kitchen. Everytime I clean something out I am glad, but I hate running across dusty goblets and oddles of superballs under the free standing cabinet. We moved 'the pie safe' into the living room. Stuff is piled up to be sorted. Believe me, it's hard to cook out there right now. I still have cabinets to do-dishes, silverware and under the sink. I know I have too much of everything and when the new kitchen is in place, I am sure I will be donating a lot of it or selling it on eBay. I love my copper molds, but I've loved them for almost 20 years. I don't think they will fit in the kitchen anymore. Not to say I won't keep a few of them.
And the endless canned goods! Some have expirations, some don't. I will have to go through the food at least three times to make sure I really want them. My brother said just to toss all the spices. I do know which are newer. Jars of spices are pricey, so I will keep most of them. I inspected these too.
At this point, we are probably going to order a new window (I'd love a greenhouse window, but is that practical for over the sink?) and frig, first. I figure we can set the new frig up in the dining room rather than getting rid of the old one in the midst of all the mess. We need all new appliances. My microwave is 'arking' when we push the start button, so something is wrong with the touch pad (we use a wooden spoon to push it). It works fine otherwise.
I'll post a photo when it looks better in there which may not be until the day before construction begins-hopefully by the end of the month or into April.

3comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    My mom put a greenhouse window over her sink in a house she & dad remodeled and she loved it. It's a great place to keep something green (herbs, etc.) year-round.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I was just wondering if the greenhouse window was hard to get to and clean and to water the plants.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Hi Dianne - I share you exact concerns with these windows. I'm on the short side of average and not a meticulous housekeeper. If it's not easy to get to, it's not going to get cleaned very often (don't look at the top of my fridge!). I'd love the extra light, but think for myself I'd install a skylight. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS