Friday, March 17, 2006

By the way, Happy St. Patty's Day



Having a good Irish name and a Brian and a Sean, we are indeed having corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. It's in the crockpot cooking as I type. I'm a little Irish, not much, but just enough. My great grandmom's people were from County Cork-the Deere relatives.
My brother just emailed me the family crest yesterday. To explain why my brother is sending this, I am married to my sister-in-law's first cousin, so they have the same last names. There is also a famous meteorologist from the 1800s with the same name (thanks to my brother for that info too)! Maybe there will be a famous forecaster in this day and age with the same name, my Sean!


I treated myself to some green and white flowers for today.

That's my great grandmom's yo yo quilt on the sofa.

2comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Happy St. Patty's Day!

    Like most Americans, I'm a mish-mash, but predominately Scots and English. Everyone says I have an Irish temper, though. ;-)

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Your green bouquet is lovely. I remember your grandmother's yoyo quilt from an earlier post.

    I see you changed your profile pic. I like it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS