Thursday, March 16, 2006

Killing birds for sport

I watch the rebroadcasts of The Daily Show and The Stephen Colbert Show in the morning. Both are satirical views of politics and current events. The Daily Show had a story today about bird hunting. Though nothing new (according to Brian), I found it quite appalling as an animal lover. People go and order say 4 pheasants at $20 each. They can get a bird dog too. They take the birds out of a shed (where they are raised or kept) and the worker 'plants' them in the brush. The dog then sniffs them out (this was the only funny part) and the bird gets scared and starts to fly away and then the hunter takes aim and most of the time kills it. The thrill to them is killing a frightened planted bird? I hate hunting of all kinds. I have to put up with a trigger happy neighbor who killed a groundhog in my yard one time without me knowing he was in the yard or that he was going to fire his weapon. That scared the beejeebers out of me.

1comments:

  • At 3:13 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    NO! Your neighbour shot a groundhog??? That's awful! It sounds so strange to me that you can just go outside into your garden and shoot an animal...
    Anyway, sorry I haven't been around for a while. Deadlines got in the way, and after that I never feel like turning on the puter, you see.
    I'm glad that you will finally be looking forward to a new kitchen! Hope you feel better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS