Thursday, February 16, 2006

Off to see my ma

I haven't seen my mom for a few weeks. She can't really drive here anymore because of her sciatica and shingles pain on the right side. She has some good days where she can go out and shop (which she loves) or she has days where she is in bed most of the day. She's one of these seniors who is still living in her home because it's the cheapest place she can live, but it's really too big for her to take care of. She does have a boarder there, but he isn't handy at all. He was only suppose to live at her house for a few days and it's turned into almost 5 yrs. He is slowly moving his books and stuff into her house. He should go live with his sister in Texas instead of making all his problems my mom's problems.
Now being her only daughter can be a challenge at times. I lend my ear and offer advice, mostly over the phone. If I had a big home (come on Powerball 2-18), I am sure I'd have an in-law suite for her. I can feel terribly sorry for her or I can get so mad at her I can't talk to her for a few days (which doesn't happen often). I try to take her out for a good meal when I do see her, because most times she doesn't really eat right. I have two brothers who live near her but rarely see her. This hurts her and then she starts saying- 'no one would care if I wasn't around anymore' . This pulls at my heart.
Does anyone out there get heel pain or problems? I have had pain off and on for over a year in my right heel. It's been pretty good for the last few months. Tuesday night I put on these new boots that mom gave me for Christmas and I got a new heel problem-like a vibration in it! It's the weirdest thing and has been going on now since Tuesday. Brian said it's probably a nerve. It really doesn't hurt-it's more annoying.
Sean has to read a story to his speech class. He needs to change his vocal intonations, etc. He didn't know what he was going to read. He was thinking of Dr Seuss or even a scary story. It occurred to me that I had a book I found at a sale called 'Politically Correct Fairy Tales'. I gave it to him to check out and he picked out 'Jack in the Beanstalk'! He's going to practice over the weekend. I said to even tape himself reading it. He tends to talk really fast when he is reading, even bumping some words. This is one of his more demanding classes next to math. Wish him luck.

1comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Good luck, Sean! How's the heel, Diane? And, more importantly perhaps, how was your mother? And who IS this geezer, taking over her house? I can imagine you're worried about this. Never mind the lonely internet surfers, Dianne. They're just sad and not worth the fuss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS