Thursday, January 12, 2006

The times, they are a changing...

You think about it, but it seems so far off. Then someone gets sick and ends up in the hospital. Their wife is older than they are by seven years and senile. He takes care of her, but who takes care of him? She is giving her daughters a hard time. She's never been the nicest mother, but when senility set in, she is worse. What to do? Who is going to make the decisions?
I am talking about my uncle and his wife. I don't think they will be living in their house together again. His one stepdaughter says he looks awful. Her mother is yelling at them. I don't think she is even asking for my uncle. Rough stuff. I hope things work out for the best.
~~~This is bothering me too. I had terrible cramps tonight, just like a teenager. I got out the trusty heating pad and took Tylenol. Watching some sitcoms helped too. I feel 95% better as I type this.
~~~I added a stitching rotation to my sidebar (is that a list?). I want to work on more of a variety of things. I know when crunch time comes on the charity or RR, I will probably be working on them non-stop. I have to get the RR finished before the other stitchers in the group because mine is going to be making the rounds across the sea. I am a bit nervous about sending these precious RRs as a Christmas gift to my dear friend Charlotte got lost (she's in Ireland). I think everything is going registered mail from now on.
~~~I got the best surprise in the mail today from my 'coz' Nancy in Illinois. The latest Nicholas Sparks hardback At First Sight. I've read almost all his books, so I thank her for for sending one of my favorite author's newest editions.

~Update-I had Sean bring my mom out for overnight for a change of scenery (1/13). Uncle Don is home! And his wife is there too. Mom and I are shocked. I still think it won't be long before something drastic happens.

2comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Thanks Dianne - I think the colors in MTM are wonderful too :-) My little avatar is from www.selinafenech.com under "free gifts" if you are interested - there are four or five of them there to choose from :-)

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Hi Dianne - how are you feeling now? I think it's great that you invited your mom over, and I really hope things work out for your uncle. Ageing is so unfair sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS