Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Saggy sofa

I swear, I have the worst luck! When I first starting blogging, I was redoing my family room. I had purchased a second bookcase. We were in the furniture store and I saw a ultrasuede red sofa. I didn't order it until the next day and on the phone. I had to wait for it until the end of Sept. 04. A few days I ago, I felt something 'move' under the cushion. As the days wore on, I know I was sitting lower. This morning I looked underneath, and the springs were all sagging to the floor! I had to go through tons of papers until I found the receipt and I called the furniture store right up. They have some guy coming here the middle of next month to check it out. I don't know what he's going to do, disassemble my sofa and fix the springs? I don't think so. I am going to raise a stink if they give me a hassle. A sofa that is only a little over a year old should not have broken.
My sister-in-law has had problems with her sofa (and she has kids) and they even replaced the cushions. And we didn't purchase them from the same place. What's up with craftsmanship these days? I am sick about this. My last new sofa was 12 yrs ago when I did have a little boy.
So I went down to mom's and we had some Macy's gift cards to play with. We bought pretty hats (I got two Liz Claiborne's and yes I will photograph myself in them soon), undies, makeup and a pretty crushed velvet like jacket in a wine color. I treated mom to dinner in Carrabarras...it was good.

1comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I guess you could re-define the tone of your blog and get a picture of you in all your new goodies. Ha ha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS