Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Eve snow

I learned that is was snowing from Sean looking at the radar on the internet. Sure enough, it was correct! The first snow of the season. It's a little early for us and probably won't stick around all day tomorrow. Sean has to get my mom and bring her out and she'll stay a night or two, so I hope the inch or so melts by noon. On Friday we have to move stuff away from where the delivery guys will bring the bed. I started that venture earlier in the week. I also need to kill some dust bunnies under the bed the next day. And search for missing shoes, and what not.
Sean and I watched 'Hotel Rowanda'. He had to read the book 'The Bone Woman' that the movie is based on. He had seen the movie in school, but thought I'd like to see it. It was pretty good, a little nasty in some parts, but good.
I had to watch the movie and two of my shows, 'Lost' and 'Invasion' in Sean's room. He has a futon (fold up) bed and it's not too bad to sit on, but not for 4 hours. I had the cat off and on my lap more than once too wondering what the heck was going on. 'Lost' was good tonight as the plane crash survivors from the back met up with those in the front and one set was a married couple.
I got some lovely birthday gifts tonight. My friend Karin sent me an authentic version of the poncho that Martha Stewart wore when she got out of prison, from Martha Stewart's website. I can't remember being that excited about a gift for a long time. It's nice and long. I'll have to pose with it on. And my friend Charlotte sent me delicious chocolates from Ireland and some have liquer center. Oh mama!
That's about it for the night.
Happy Bird day y'all and eat a serving of stuffing on me!

1comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Gobble gobble. Hope you didn't have to deal with too much snow ickiness and that you are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS