Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dairy Queen turns into a funeral home

This could only happen in suburban America. Am I right?
Down the pike in Kennett, the red and white Dairy Queen, that also happens to look like a barn, closed down after 33 years. A funeral home is definitely taking it over as displayed on the big red and white sign that is faded on one side from the sun and use to inform us of new Blizzard flavors. I do have some memories of DQ. I remember going in there very pregnant after looking at houses for sale as I had to go to the bathroom so badly. We went there the last time we saw Brian's mom in the hospital. We didn't know it was going to be the last time we saw her as she passed on two days later. She was telling us to leave as visitor's hours were over at 9. So you see why we stopped for ice cream on that hot August night.
So I can't see this place as a funeral home when I used the drive thru more times then I care to share. It's not a bad location, but the people driving north will have a heck of a time getting in there or leaving. I am sure they will probably tear it all down.
They are doing something to the Pizza Hut down the road. I sure hope it's not a bank, or funeral parlor!

1comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS