Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Books, books and more books

I'm trying to make room for people to walk in the living room. I still had the books from Saturday and the last book sale piled high between the living room and dining area. We really don't use our living room. It has a little floral Victorian settee covered with teddy bears situated in front of the fire place. In front of the settee is a little curio table with goodies displayed inside not to compete with the tall curio cabinet in the corner next to the fireplace.There are teddies under a sofa table too. Then I have a roll top desk (painted dark green and bought new) and an old opened hutch that belonged to my great aunt that I had painted mauve about 10 years ago. I saved that piece from my mom's basement. I may paint it again to go better with the desk. It sounds cluttered, but I do rearrange and switch out the teddies, especially at this time of the year. So on either side of that hutch are my 50+ hardback cross stitch books. I am gathering them all together to sort and inventory. I have to see if I really like them all enough to keep. I was telling Barbara (Mainly Stitching) that I have gone to one too many book sales and discount book stores. I go to them now and I hardly ever buy anything related to cross stitch-I have most of them I guess. If anyone in blogger world is looking for any hardback cross stitch book and I have it, maybe I can cut you a good deal.
The 'neat' person that is hiding in me wants to get things organized. We have people coming in the house and I need to clear a path, to where the cable guy may go. I need help with that. Then the new bed is hopefully coming on Saturday. I am counting the days.
I'll 'bake' the frozen pies tomorrow and clean some more. A bomb looks like it dropped in the kitchen!

2comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Good luck with all your chores!!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Isn't it amazing all the work we are doing just for a meal? LOL. I just finished my pumpkin pies and cranberry sauce. After cleaning up the kitchen, I am quite pooped. I can just imagine how tired all of you are who are cooking the main meal!
    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS