Sunday, November 20, 2005

Nice day yesterday

I swear I was going to post something about my birthday. I was just too blasted tired last night to think straight.
We did go down to Dover, DE and Sean drove the 120 miles round trip. It's a pretty direct route-not a lot to see, but it took about 1 hour to get there.
The bookstore I like, one of my main reasons for going to Dover, had a November sale. All the books with yellow stickers were 50% off. I could have done some serious damage there, but I did get some awfully good buys. My favorites are: 'Beside the Seaside' by Joseph Connolly filled with old-fashioned shots of people romping on various beaches and boardwalk scenes. Since I live near lots of beaches, I love photos like this (priced at $7.98 with I think 60% off that price). I also love 'The Wizard of Oz' and never read all the books related to the original. I got 'The Annotated Wizard of Oz-Centennial Edition' that talks about the book and has all the illustrations in one volume for only $5.00! Those are only a few of many purchased. Needless to say, I bought a lot of gifts yesterday.
The guys gave me thoughtful gifts before we left on our day trip. Sean even bought wrapping paper! He presented me with Penn State ornaments (blue and white balls with the Nittany Lion motto), a Nittany Lion beanie and some hand lotion and things bought from the mall.
Brian gave me emerald earrings, a amaryllis to grow and a few little things.
We went to The Olive Garden for dinner which was good as usual and I hit Dollar Tree and AC Moore before we hit the road.
I had to remind them to get me a cake and they ran into a food store there and bought me a chocolate fudge cake which we enjoyed when we got home.
Here we are at the Olive Garden waiting to eat:



2comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Sounds like fun, Dianne!!

    (Did you get my email after all?)

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hey Barbara,
    I get an email to let me know that you left a comment.
    Was the other email about AnnMarie not joining the RR?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS