Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday night

Well it's been a heck of a ride these last few days. I have been doing more cleaning and moving stuff then I have done in years. We did get the new bed yesterday. When I stand up next to it, it cuts me in half, that's how high it is. It's going to take some getting use to. My 4 poster white iron bed frame was removed. The delivery guys said it 'wouldn't work' (they were a bunch of Hispanic kids). I believe the bed is too high for it now. We have no headboard and the bed is in a corner. Brian thinks he can at least salvage the old one and I was thinking of making a fabric cover to put over it since it's missing it's top poles now. I really didn't want a 'footer' at the end. The iron bars were getting so creaky anyway. When you lay on the new bed it feels like you are laying on dozens of those oval sponges. I'm not use to anything like that. I am sure I will love it soon.
Brian and I took mom home today. We stopped at my brother Ken's so she could pick up her car. It was due for inspection and Ken replaced the rear bumper that mom had damaged. He is a master mechanic. He's the brother (I have three) who is redoing his entire house. He is working on his great room/kitchen and doing most of the work himself. Today we found out that a neighbor's tree in the back came crashing down on their deck, destroying that, all the furniture and the grill. The garage's gutter is hanging off, and their new skylight is scratched. The neighbor never said anything (Ken has homeowner's). It's a hilly neighborhood where you can look up and see the neighbor's backyards. I was sick when I saw all the damage. I almost cried, so I was glad to go over to mom's house. Everything Ken does is self-taught. I am really proud of my handsome little brother.
When we went to mom's we got busy raking leaves. I turned on the leaf blower and cleaned off the patio. We were out there over an hour and made a big dent in the leaves, but we are far from finished. I told Brian I would take him out to dinner, so we went to Ruby's Diner. I had the best bacon cheeseburger ever.
When I got home, I wrote my first recommendation letter for a friend. She had sent me one from another mutual friend and mine paled in comparsion. Needless to say, I added to my letter. I hope my friend likes it.
The Extreme Makeover: Home Edition show tonight is one that a young woman from Tribe.net went to witness. She took many photos of all the people associated with the show. I'm anxious to see if I notice her in the crowd.

1comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Post a picture of your new bed!!

    So sorry to hear of the downed tree - I hope the damage will soon be repaired.

    Haven't heard much from you (via email) - everything okay?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS