Saturday, November 12, 2005

New specs needed

Sean and I went for our 2 year check-up at the eye doctor yesterday. Brian went at the end of September. Brian didn't need new glasses but we did! Sean and I both had trouble reading the chart. We are both near-sighted. I have no problem reading books, stitching or other close-up work.
That's gonna cost something this time because Sean had a plan before that paid for his glasses-two pairs to be exact. We will probably go to America's Best Eyewear where I got mine a few years ago. I got two pairs for under $200. One pair was sunglasses. Prescription sunglasses are great and I recommend them! I'll probably just keep the sunglasses I have and not get new ones as I don't wear them a heck of a lot anyway. It's too bad when your eye glass prescription needs a little tweaking in only two years. I like glasses over contacts as I don't wear them all the time. I wear them when I go out driving and shopping. I wear them when I watch tv. I like picking out new styles though.
Oh yeah-my eye were dilated for over 6 hours!
~~~~~~~
Barbara asked what am I doing with all the yarn. Probably using it to make a few hats for my mom and charity. I made a hat for myself but I have to play with it a bit as it was a design with a lot of holes. I look like Jenny from 'Love Story' when I wear it. I may weave some ribbons in and out of it. I wonder if I steam it, it will stretch? It's made out of Italian cotton yarn.
~~~~~~
Brian has a ton of leaves to clean up tomorrow. We are trying to get Sean to help more, but he is full of excuses. Start them early gang! Guess mom here better take an interest.
We are probably going to have our first hard frost tonight. Bye-bye flowers. ; (

1comments:

  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Niek's off now for an eye test....

    Jenny from Love Story? Sounds very romantic - you'll have to share a picture. I like the new header you have with the moon & face!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS