Friday, November 11, 2005

A nice lunch with mom yesterday

My mom has wanted to go to the restaurant up the road from her since her birthday. That was my original plan until my sister-in-laws changed the location. Turns out mom didn't enjoy what she had at that restaurant and craved 'The Little Inn's' crabcakes. I know all too well how good their food is there. I use to go in there with Brian when we dated and had late night snacks-mostly their chicken salad clubs. I promptly gained about 20 pounds in two years! So I had another chicken salad club yesterday and mom got a fried seafood platter with her beloved crabcakes. She said The Little Inn's crabcakes were so delicious next to the other place. She took most of her meal home (she eats like a bird) and I took a quarter of my club home. Sean was there (remember Penn State is about 4 miles from my mom's). He was working on an English paper. I decided to take the impatiens and other flowers back outside. I told mom it wasn't worth trying to save them. Then I started to sweep and vacuum and just tidy up. She is pulling boxes out of bedrooms and one had all these loose family photos in it, many of which are fading. I should get that box, sort them and put them in a big album. Mom started to weep because of the shingles/sciatica pain she has daily. She needed a hug and an ice pack.
After a while we went to a local shopping center where we went in a store called 'Five Below' (everything is $5 and under) and I got a few things for my brother for his birthday. We then went into a new Mexico restaurant so Sean could get dinner (I got a kiddie meal to share with mom until she ate the rest of her lunch). We then ventured into JoAnn's and I picked up some yarn. I am getting addicted to yarn.
When we got home, all 'my' shows were much better than last week. So it was nice to settle in and enjoy them. I then went looking for a neat background for my blog and borrowed the one from a Conan O'Brien site (I was checking in there to see if his wife had baby #2 and she did, a boy they named Beckett!). I lightened the star background a bit and made a new banner. I got my eyes nice and tired for my eye doctor appt. today-not smart.

3comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I like that moon in your header and I have an idea for you. Can you put your profile pic inside the moon? That would be look so coooool! You seem pretty talented with that sort of thing, so I bet you can figure a way to do it!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Ohh...that sounds a little scary-lol-but very interesting. I am still not really excited about that banner yet. Thanks for the idea.
    I love playing with Paint Shop Pro!
    Thanks.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    If you keep playing around with your template, you're going to have to go to work with the talented women at Design A Blog!

    Sorry to hear your mom is still having a lot of pain, but boy-oh-boy I bet she just loved getting out with you for the day today!

    What are you going to make with that yarn???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS