Monday, November 07, 2005

The good, the bad and the ugly

The day didn't start out too badly (Sunday that is). It was in the low 70s. I got my stew going before Brian and I headed to Macy's in Christiana, DE to order a new bed. This was a long time in the making, believe me. My father-in-law had given us (bless his heart) over $500 in Macy's gift cards over the last 6 months (he gets them at Caesars in Atlantic City), so we applied them to a higher price 'plush top' bed. It won't get here until the end of November because I didn't want to wait around on my birthday for a delivery truck to come. I also used one of my Entertainment.com coupons (that's a great book-check out entertainment.com) to get 10% off a new set of pots and pans-an early birthday gift. I was checking out a good knife, but the prices were skyhigh. I really needed some new saucepans because the T-fal stuff is coming off the inside of the ones I use a lot.
So on the way down to Christiana (about a 25 minute drive), I felt something funny on one of my bottom teeth. I looked in the mirror and the top part of a tooth had mostly chipped away revealing some decay. I was so bummed! I hope it can be repaired so I don't have to get a crown or root canal. Not sure how they handle teeth with no flat surface like molars. Wish me luck.
We came home (after a trip to Borders books and Acme supermarket) to find the stew was turned off with no liquid in it at all-Sean said he 'watched' it. I had to 'doctor' it up again and we had some delicious 'soft' round bread with it.
I had gotten some Ben & Jerry's frozen yogurt and Brian forgot take it out of the bag. He had unbagged most of the stuff while I fixed up the stew. So that was the 'ugly' part of the day. I never have seen a more sadder sight than melted chocolate frozen yogurt!

4comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Looking good, Dianne. You are so clever making your own header like that. Did you order the Tfal from QVC many years ago when they were pushing it like crazy? I did. They said it would never scrape off. Ha! Mine did the same as yours. How exciting getting a new bed! I still have old hand me down stuff from 30 years ago.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks Zoey!
    I happen to run across a blog with the same old template as mine and I don't like the lady who it belongs to.
    I am still playing with this (I think the blue is a little too dark and my header looks fuzzy). It's fun to know I can change it all!
    Yes, it was QVC's T-fal. Little did they know it would nick after 100s of uses!
    You must have bought a great bed to begin with for it to last that long. Time for a new one?

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    How's the tooth situation? I really like your new look - it seems to suit you very well!

    Congratulations on the new bed, pots & pans, etc. But you have to remind me when your birthday is - i didn't write it down!! :-(

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    It's the 19th Barbara-oy.
    I go to the dentist in a few hours and I'll update the blog about my experience. It's a good thing I like the dentist.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS